12/05/2015 / Sat
HSO Philippe A. Souvestre
Second in Command: Nicholas Ip Jewell
Crew 158 hosts visiting Saturnian observers
Overall, Mission status is evolving well as planned.
Morning briefings focused on
1. Saturnian/media visitors planned to arrive today between 0800 and 0900 to spend whole day onboard with clearance to participate along with EVA 5 as neutral observers/film crew
2. Studies evolution status and related further arrangements as needed
Mission planning for the day re
1. 0800 - Breakfast/Crew tasks and duties
2. Water system Logistics status review re crew showers, dish washing, loft tank maintenance
3. EVA 5 of the day led by Philippe Souvestre with Susan Ip Jewell and Nicholas Ip Jewell
4. 1000 – EVA 5 donning
5. 1038/1201 – EVA 5 sortie/airlock time logs/1h 24minute long including besides initial daily engineering checks a technical feasibility evaluation of combined airborne/ground operated SAR including ATV retrieval with spacesuit pressure leak mitigation of a wounded astronaut
6. 1245 – Lunch time with post-EVA debrief
7. 1315 – 1330 – Discussion with Saturnian/media visitors
8. 1330 – 1400 – Checkpoint on timing/arrangement of planned research projects and studies
9. 1400 to 1700 –Crew working time on misc. personal mission tasks and other matters
10. 1630 – Study prep work and Crew introductory familiarization to Acupunctural paradigm and technology
11. 1730 – Crew Reports writing
12. 1815 – 1845 – Dinner time and social time
13. 1900 – 2100 – CAPCOM time window
14. 2100 – 2200 – To date Mission Audio-Visuals Review for Educational School Outreach
15. 2200 – 2230 – Crew group meditation/yoga planned after CAPCOM tonight
Mission planning for the week re
1. Continued review and further completion of planned pre-IRB submission pilot projects
2. Saturnian/media extension confirmed for tomorrow morning on SOL 7
3. Social time schedule updated with proposed new items
4. Daily crew group meditation/yoga planned after CAPCOM
Mission planning for the remaining time of the mission
1. Continued review and further ad hoc arrangement of planned pre-IRB submission pilot projects
2. Creative crew brainstorming and group reflection schedule implementation
SIM HAB and Crew preparedness, activities, and actions went well as expected.
SOL ACTIVITY SUMMARY:
Look Ahead Plan:
Daily systematic checks are planned ahead of time regarding maintenance and logistics routines as well as pre-pilot studies completion status and further organization. We will abide by the timelines as we planned them.
SOL 7 will be dedicated to optimize Crew sleep, rest and catch up for both personal time and study time. Personal and free social time to be emphasized.
Anomalies and any problems in work:
Weather: Dry cold, no wind, clear sunny blue skies all over without clouds. No ice and no snow on ground.
EVA: where did you go?
Mid-morning, EVA 5 crew spent over 1.3 hour including 60 minutes performing an UAV reconnaissance based ATV retrieval of a wounded incapacitated astronaut located about 500 meter radius South-East sector from the Hab.
Daily Summary Report