12/08/2015 / Tue
HSO Philippe A. Souvestre
Second in Command: Nicholas Ip Jewell
Crew dynamics and cohesion rise and glow
Overall, Mission status is evolving well as planned.
1. Extensive EVA sortie planned this morning
2. Pre-pilot exploratory biomedical feasibility evaluation continued
3. Past mid-Mission Crew Reports check point
1. 0800 - Breakfast/Crew tasks and duties
2. Water system Logistics status review re crew showers, dish washing, loft tank maintenance
3. EVA 7 of the day led by Ilaria Cinelli with Nicholas Ip Jewell and Philippe Souvestre
4. 1015 – EVA 7 donning
5. 1053/1236 – EVA 7 sortie/airlock time logs/1hr 43min long including besides initial daily engineering checks a technical feasibility evaluation of the impact of current MDRS space suit while walking with only a few brief pauses a long range exploratory hiking mission.
6. 1255 – Lunch time with post-EVA debrief
7. 1330 – 1400 – Checkpoint on timing/arrangement of planned research projects and studies
8. 1400 to 1700 –Crew working time on misc. personal mission tasks and other matters
9. 1730 – Crew Reports writing
10. 1815 – 1845 – Dinner time and social time
11. 1900 – 2100 – CAPCOM time window
12. 2100 – 2130 – Crew group meditation/yoga planned after CAPCOM tonight
Continued review and further completion of planned preliminary and IRB submission pilot projects
1. Continued review and further ad hoc arrangement of planned pre-IRB submission pilot projects
2. Creative crew brainstorming and group reflection schedule implementation
SIM HAB and Crew preparedness, activities, and actions went well as expected.
SOL ACTIVITY SUMMARY:
1. Very successful long range over 4 km walking exploratory mission operated from HAB with very efficient EVA/HABCOM radio control routine
2. Post-lunch introductory seminar on the upcoming acupuncture and biophotonics pre-pilot feasibility biomedical protocols was successful at everyone satisfaction
3. Further comprehensive crew discussion towards elaboration of several future projects to be defined in the light of our exploratory research observations and results obtained so far at MDRS.
Look Ahead Plan:
As always, daily systematic checks were planned ahead of time regarding maintenance and logistics routines as well as pre-pilot studies completion status and further organization. We abide by the timelines as we planned them. Furthermore, crew has begun to identify future potential extensions of the current works.
1. SOL 10 will be dedicated to combining filming and geological investigation during the planned EVA 8.
2. EVA 8 will be set as an operational demo platform in order to allow the above objectives
3. Current pre-pilot sleep feasibility evaluation will be further geared towards crew sleep optimization.
Anomalies and any problems in work:
Weather: Dry cold, no wind, clear sunny blue skies with broken overcast. No ice and no snow on ground.
EVA: where did you go?
Morning EVA 7 crew spent 2 hours to perform long range exploratory walk mission in the NE sector within 5 km mile radius.
Mid-Mission HSO Report
Daily Summary Report